5 REASONS YOU SHOULD START MEDITATING THIS MONTH
Stressing out in anticipation for Valentine’s Day? You’re not alone. If you’ve been shopping around for the perfect gift or calling every restaurant to find reservation openings, we know how you feel! It’s no wonder that M.C. Spa & Nail Bar gets booked up by our clients who seek much-needed relaxation!
Even if you’re not worried about a special date night this month, stress seems to always find a way into our daily lives.
Did you know that stress directly affects the skin barrier and its ability to retain moisture? Muscles also become tense which causes skin to lose its healthy glow and makes fine lines and wrinkles become more noticeable.
According to Successories.com:
➢ 77% of people regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress
➢ 73% regularly experienced psychological symptoms from stress
➢ 48% reported loss of sleep due to stress
Research from the University of Sheffield has proven that meditation and relaxation sessions not only reduce stress but also help those who suffer from psoriasis, eczema and acne. If you can relate with the statistics above, here are a few good reasons why we recommend implementing meditation into your daily life ASAP!
1. Reduces Negative Emotions. It’s no secret that when you look great, you feel great. A radiant, glowing complexion increases your confidence. A study completed by Stanford determined that participants were less anxious and developed more positive thoughts about themselves after two months of regular meditation.
2. Increases Energy Levels. Who wouldn’t like more energy throughout the day? Sure coffee and Red Bull offer a temporary boost but neither are good for you. Meditation offers the healthiest and most natural way to boost both DHEA and growth hormone production, two essential chemicals we need to feel more energetic.
3. Helps You Make Healthier Choices. Meditation allows you to become more intuitive with your daily thoughts and actions. Under stress you may be inclined to have a quick and easy lunch at a local fast food restaurant rather than take the time to pack something healthy for the day. By eliminating stress, you clear your mind of the chaos and bad choices!
4. Helps You Have Better Sleep. Those who practice meditation have been proven to maintain acute mental awareness during lucid dreaming. This can’t be achieved without being in a deep state of REM. Meditation also increases levels of melatonin by about 98%.
5. Slows Down Aging. It’s been proven that women with high levels of perceived stress, including psychological and chronic, have shorter telomeres (nucleotide sequences at the end of our chromosomes that protect them from deterioration). These telomeres have about one decade of additional aging compared to women with low stress! Not only does meditation help maintain low stress levels but it also results in improved overall health!
There’s no one way to meditate. Starting off each day with just a few minutes of deep thought relaxation is all you need to be on your way to lowering stress. Adding essential oils to your routine is a great way to enhance your experience! Add in a regular visit to M.C. Spa & Nail Bar and you’ll feel like you dived head first into the Fountain of Youth. Get started today and start enjoying the widespread benefits that meditation brings to your body, skin and life!