PREPPING YOUR SKIN FOR THE SUMMER
When the last traces of spring has gone, that’s as good a time as any to start bringing out your skin-baring clothes. Not only does summer signal vacation fun, but it’s also the time to begin preparing your skin for skimpy, cool outfits which are associated with the hottest months of the year.
Things to do to Make Your Skin Summer-Ready
Now, what are you supposed to do if you’d like to make your skin ready for summer? Take a look at the following list:
– Exfoliate. During wintertime when your skin is all covered up with layers of clothes, you may not notice how dull its surface has become. In the summer, you’d want to have skin that’s smooth and glowing – the best way to accomplish this is through exfoliation. Put together a homemade body scrub using the ingredients commonly found in the kitchen, or buy one from your favorite health store. Using circular motions, gently rub the solution over wet skin. The longer you do it, the better – and make sure not to rub too hard so as not to damage the superficial layer of the skin. Exfoliating gets rid of the dead skin cells and doing this twice or thrice a week will give you summer-ready skin that’s beautiful and glowing.
– Get rid of unwanted body hair the right way. Another thing that you’re covering up underneath all the layers of winter clothes is unwanted body hair. You may not have bothered to shave your legs during the entire winter season because nobody will see them exposed, anyway, but it’s a different matter during summertime. Find a good razor and a shaving lotion to prevent nicks and cuts while you’re getting rid of unwanted body hair.
– Put some color into your skin. If you want to go back to the office looking all relaxed from a tropical vacation, you can actually have a fake summer tan using bronzed moisturizer or facial tanners.
– Ready your feet for the beach. Summer’s the time for wearing flipflops or going barefoot in the beach, so make sure that your feet are ready, too. Pamper your toes with a good quality foot scrub and spray. Don’t forget your toenails, visit MC Spa & Nail Bar to get a professional pedicure. Go bold with the colors, summer’s a great time to experiment with bright hues!
– Don’t forget the sunscreen. Finally, readying your skin for the summer will never be complete without buying a good quality sunscreen. If you have a bottle or two saved from last summer, check on the expiration date to make sure that you can still use it. If not, throw the bottle away and invest in sunscreen which has at SPF30 at the very least. When you’re out in the beach, use sunscreen prior to hitting the water, and reapply after one or two hours. Follow these tips so that you can have summer ready skin.